Frequently asked questions:
- WHAT IS LIONS CLUB?
The Lions Club is a service organization of people who wish to give back to the community. A Starting point to find out more is Lions International.
- HOW OFTEN ARE THE MEETINGS?
The meetings are generally the first and third Thursday of the month from September to June. June is usually our “installation” meeting (like an AGM) and sometimes December is adjusted as well.
- WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF LIONS?A basic breakdown of Lions is: Lions Clubs International, then Multiple Districts, Districts, Zones, then Clubs. Each multiple district has a number of districts, each district is broken into zones which are made up of a number of clubs. Pitt Meadows Lions Club is in Zone H3. He connects with the District Governor of District H, who then connects with the Multiple District, who connects to Lions International. The Multiple District and Lions International are the only bodies that have paid employees.
You can find the Club Structure Team on the Lions International site by clicking here.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I CAN’T MAKE A MEETING?
We will miss you, but we understand that sometimes things happen. Please let us know if you can’t make it. We worry!
- HOW DO WE PAY DUES?
The treasurer can accept etransfer or cheque or cash.
- HOW DO WE GET THE MINUTES?
At some point the Club secretary will have you on their mailing list and you will get them automatically. Once you’re a member, reach out if you haven’t started receiving them.
- WHAT ARE THE MAJOR EVENTS THE PITT MEADOWS LIONS CLUB HOLDS?
Mother’s Day Basket Sale
Pitt Meadows Day
Bard on the Bandstand
All of these events can be found on our calendar.
- HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
The Lions Club International is a great start for getting information. It is a great first start and has lots of information. And you are welcome to come to a meeting. We love our visitors!
- WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
Join us. Membership Application and email it back to email@example.com